As your public health department we receive daily and weekly communicable disease reports from local hospitals, clinics and schools which allows us to take measures to prevent outbreaks and protect the public.
Environmental health addresses all the physical, chemical and biological factors external to a person. It encompasses assessment and control of environmental factors that can potentially affect health. It is targeted towards preventing disease and creating health-supportive environments. Environmental issues are addressed by:
• Inspecting food establishments at least twice per year
• Inspecting all daycare’s once per year
• Inspecting all lodging facilities once per year
• Inspecting sewage system installations
• Performing sewage complaint investigations
• Performing food borne disease outbreak investigations
• Performing temporary food establishment inspections at events
• Holding meetings with citizens to discuss sewage system options/food permits, etc.
For more information please call our office at (573) 324-2111.
Other Public Health Services: