Pike County Health Department, Home Health & Hospice offers various adult immunizations such as tetanus boosters (T dap & Td), Hepatitis A and B vaccinations, meningitis, influenza (flu), and pneumonia vaccinations. The Shingles vaccine (Zostavax) is administered at the health department, this vaccine will need to be purchased through a local pharmacy. Immunizations are provided to infants and children in the community at no charge via the Vaccines for Children program for those who are eligible.
Our Walk-In clinic services are also available to those who are interested in receiving immunizations/vaccinations with no appointment necessary when during our walk-in clinic hours of operation. Monday through Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Find out more about our Walk-In clinic services.
Clinics offered to the community:
- Influenza Vaccination Clinics are held at various locations in the community during flu season which typically runs from October through March. Often, we will team up with our local Pike County Memorial Hospital on our vaccination clinics, who are just as dedicated to the health of the community as we are.
- School Shot Clinics are typically scheduled in May and August of each year at various locations that make it easy for parents to get the required vaccinations for their children.
- Drive Thru Flu Clinics are offered at least once a year in late September and/or October. Generally this clinic is provided in the parking lot next to the Bowling Green Walmart, and gives the public the opportunity to drive up, toss out their arm along with insurance information and get their flu shot without ever having to get out of their vehicle. The community has shown great appreciation for this service, and we are glad to have been offering this clinic to them.
- Employer Clinics are offered if you are an employer and want to offer the ease of getting vaccinations to your employees; we are available to help. If you are an employer and would like to offer a vaccination clinic to your employees, please contact our office to schedule a clinic.
Prices vary per vaccine and some may be available at no charge.
Upcoming Immunization Clinics:
Dates, times and locations of vaccination clinics are published in local newspapers, on our Facebook page, as well as here on our website.
- Back 2 School Shot Clinics: Wednesday, August 9th/8am-6pm & Monday, August 14th/8am-6pm
Other Public Health Services: