Please take a moment to take our quick COVID-19 Community Impact Survey!
Le pedimos favor de completar esta encuesta breva. ¡Muchísimas gracias!
Life is tough... We can help
Our agency has recently been able to staff two Community Health Workers through federal grant funding to assist our community in navigating our local resources to get the help they need to live successful and meaningful lives. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major effect on our lives and has caused a ripple effect of struggles that many of us are still trying to navigate. Many of us are facing challenges that can be stressful and overwhelming. Learning to cope with stress in a healthy way will help you, the people you care about, and those around you become more resilient.
Stressors can include-but are certainly not limited to
• Losing a job
• Health conditions
• Loss of family and/or friends
• Financial concerns and struggles
• Mental & behavioral health downfalls
Our Community Health Workers (CHWs) are here to help you navigate your local resources to get the help you need. They provide advocacy, education, and support to members of our community free-of-charge to help improve your lifestyle. Connecting you with proper healthcare and other basic needs is our priority.
What to expect
When you contact our agency to seek assistance from one of our Community Health Workers (CHWs), we will meet with you to discuss your situation. Together, we will work to meet your needs. Appointments can be made in person or over the phone. These services are available to anyone, they are free-of-charge and your information is always kept confidential.
How we can help
- Maybe you wish to apply for Medicare, Medicaid or another government assistance program and are intimidated by the process. We can help.
- Maybe you are financially struggling to pay utilities. We can help.
- Maybe you are newly pregnant and scared about what to do next. We can help.
- Maybe you need assistance navigating and understanding a new health issue. We can help.
- No matter the issue, no matter the question, just ask us; WE CAN HELP.
Our Community Health Workers are here to help you; we will advocate for you and your family by providing informational counseling, social support and so much more. We can help you with things such as:
- Understanding your health and healthcare plan
- Connecting you to community programs and services
- Finding ways to make lifestyle changes to improve your health and well-being
- and so much more!
Advocating for healthier communities
Our Community Health Workers also work hard to get our community members together for activities that promote socialization and healthy habits. The following activities are open to the public and free of charge!
- Eolia City Park | 9am-10am | June 13, July 18, Aug. 8, Sept. 12
- Louisiana Sunset Park | 3pm-4pm | June 15, July 20, Aug. 17, Sept. 21
- Bowling Green City Park | 1pm-2pm | June 10, July 8, Aug. 12, Sept. 9
- Clarksville River Front | 11am-12pm | June 13, July 18, Aug. 8, Sept. 12
- Frankford City Park | 9am-10am | June 22, July 27, Aug. 12, Sept. 9
Contact us to learn more or use the form below to send a self referral or refer a friend, family member or client.