If you would like to inquire about our Home Health services outside of our business hours (Monday – Friday, 8AM-4:30PM) please call our office and follow the prompts to speak with our after hours nurse. 573-324-2111
What is Home Health?
Home health care is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF).
Examples of skilled home health services include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
The goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible.
If you get your Medicare benefits through a Medicare health plan, check with your plan to find out how it gives your Medicare-covered home health benefits.
If you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy or other health insurance coverage, tell your doctor or other health care provider so your bills get paid correctly.
If your doctor or referring health care provider decides you need home health care, they should give you a list of agencies that serve your area. They must tell you whether their organization has a financial interest in any agency listed.
In 1969, 21 years after the grand opening of our Public Health Department, Pike County Home Health Services were officially offered to our community.
Home Health is care provided in a home or residence during a time of acute onset or worsening of a condition that requires a nurse or therapist (physical, occupational, or speech).
Our services summarized:
– Provides skilled professional care in the privacy of a patient’s home.
– Offers a team approach under the direction of the patient’s personal physician with a registered nurse coordinating needed services.
– Home Health Services include: Skilled Nursing, Home Health Aide, Medical Social Services, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy.
– Provides medically managed care which includes the patient and family in the plan of care.
– Offers teaching related to specific disease process thus increasing patient and family knowledge.
– Performs and teaches skilled Nursing Services (ostomy care, catheter changes, administration of injections, I.V. infusion, dressing changes, including use of wound vac)
– Relieves anxiety by providing information to the patient and family about what to expect during the course of illness.
– Provides 24 hour a day – 7 days per week nurse on call.
– Referrals for other services in the county that the patient may need.
– Referrals can be made by physician, hospital, nursing home, family, friend or self.
– Provides a discharge plan with specific goals so that the patient can return to full independence when possible.
How Does A Patient Qualify?
– Consent of a physician
– Need of skilled care by a Registered Nurse or Therapist
– Resident in the geographical area of Pike County and portions of Audrain and Montgomery counties. *see map below
– Homebound (not driving and absences from home are infrequent, of short duration, and a taxing effort)
– Eligible Payor Source (Medicare, Medicaid or Private Insurance)
Our Coverage Area
What is Home Health Care?
“The goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible.” – Read more about how medicare.gov describes what home health care services are.
Pike County Home Health Reviews:
“I would like to thank Amy, Karen, and all that helped me. Everyone seemed very professional and caring, and understanding of my well being. They were all terrific and I would recommend them to anyone.”
“Thank you to everyone! So happy to be going home, I can’t wait! I can’t thank everyone enough, May God Bless you all!”
“Your entire team is professional, courteous, and well trained, and create an attitude toward returning to normal health that stays with you when their job is complete! Thank them all for me!”
“The care I received from Home Health was the very best. I was more than pleased with all of them. I would like to thank each and everyone for their care. Especially Susan DeCamp, she is the greatest!”
“I am so thankful for Pike County Home Health. We are very blessed to have them in our area. Received excellent care from Kim, Diana, and Elisa.”
“Excellent staff! Excellent care! I don’t know what we would have done without home health. Everyone is so kind and caring. Cant speak highly enough about them!”
Other Home Health Services: