Our agency is now offering the 3rd Dose & Booster Dose COVID-19 vaccines. Please read the following information carefully. Recently the Moderna & Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for 3rd doses for the moderately to severely immunocompromised. At this time only the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for Booster doses that are available to those who fit the criteria listed below. The CDC has released guidance as to what individuals are able to receive the 3rd & Booster dose and they are specific to who and when they can be received. Please see below the information to understand if you are eligible to receive a 3rd Dose or Booster dose.
Who can receive the MODERNA or PFIZER 3rd dose? You must have ALL of the below scenarios:
- If you have previously received your 1st & 2nd dose of Moderna OR Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine. Vaccine brands are interchangeable.
- If it has been at least 28 days since your 2nd dose was administered.
- If you fall into one of the following categories as being moderately to severely immunocompromised:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Read more on 3rd Dose COVID-19 vaccines from CDC >>>
Who can receive the PFIZER Booster Dose? You must have ALL of the below scenarios:
- If you have previously received your 1st & 2nd dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine.
- If it has been at least 6 months since your 2nd dose was administered.
- If you fall into at least one of the following categories:
- 65 years of age and older and residents in long-term care settings
- 50–64 years of age with underlying medical conditions
- 18–49 years of age with underlying medical conditions
- 18-64 years of age who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting (e.g. frontline medical workers, teachers, and first responders)
Read more on the Pfizer Booster from CDC >>>
If you qualify under any of these circumstances, you can easily schedule your 3rd Dose or Booster dose with our agency. We offer Pfizer on Mondays & Moderna on Wednesdays, both by appointment. Call our office for this appointment or go online to book yourself at pikecountyhealth.org.