1/14/2021 PIKE COUNTY UPDATE:
Our agency has applied to the State of Missouri to be a distributor of the COVID-19 Vaccine. We are still awaiting an ETA for the vaccine and are not taking names for a wait list at this time. We are obligated to distribute vaccines under the Missouri COVID-19 Distribution Phases and will keep the community informed as more information becomes available.
WHERE WE ARE CURRENTLY: PHASE 1B- TIER 1
Choice is a powerful thing. We recognize the tremendous impact COVID-19 has had on our communities. You have the choice to help our society shape our new path forward beyond COVID-19.
Phase 1B – Tier 1: First responders, Emergency Services, and Public Health Infrastructure
Protecting those who keep us safe and help us during an emergency
- Non-Patient Facing Public Health Infrastructure: Administrators and staff at federal, state, or local public health agencies and other healthcare workers who carry out functions necessary to the operation of the state’s healthcare infrastructure that were not included in 1A.
- First Responders: All federal, state, and/or local first responders beyond EMS/EMTs in 1A, including law enforcement, fire services, corrections, and certain social service agencies.
- Emergency Management and Public Works: Federal, state, or local government employees in emergency management and public works agencies, identified nonprofit organizations designated as partner voluntary agencies.
- Emergency Services Sector: Employees defined in the emergency services sector not otherwise listed, including law enforcement, fire and rescue services, emergency medical services, emergency management, and public works.
Phase 1B – Tier 2: High-Risk Individuals
Protecting those who are at increased risk for severe illness
- Anyone aged 65 and older
- Any adults with cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, COPD, Heart Conditions, weakened immune system due to organ transplant, severe obesity (BMI >40), pregnancy, Sickle Cell Disease, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, or individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome.
Phase 1B – Tier 3: Critical Infrastructure
Protecting those who keep the essential functions of society running
- Education: Teachers, faculty, and staff in public, private, and nonprofit pre K – 12.
- Childcare: Faculty and staff in a DHSS or DSS -licensed facility providing basic care to children
- Communications Sector Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide communications services
- Dams Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide services in the dams sector related to critical water retention and control services.
- Energy Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide energy services, regardless of the energy source.
- Food/Agriculture Sector – initial: Employees of certain food production and processing facilities, and related operations, prioritizing mass food production, distribution, transportation, wholesale and retail sales, including grocery and convenience stores where groceries are sold; includes veterinary services.
- Government: Elected officials in any branch of government at the state, county, and/or municipal levels required for the continuity of government; members of the judiciary at the federal, state, and/or local levels required for the continuity of government; employees designated by the federal government that fall within
- Information Technology Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that provide IT services.
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector: Employees at public, private, or nonprofit organizations that work in this sector.
- Transportation Systems Sector: Employees in the transportation systems sector including aviation, highway and motor carriers, maritime transportation systems, mass transit and passenger rail, pipeline systems, freight rail, and postal shipping.
- Water and Wastewater Systems Sector Employees at public, private, and/or nonprofit organizations that provide drinking or wastewater services.