Our agency recently was able to start a new program “COVID-19 Health Disparities” that is grant-funded and allows our agency to have dedicated Community Health Workers (CHW’s) to assist the community in navigating local resources that they may be in need of, and studying the needs of those effected by the COVID-19 pandemic. With this new program, a new committee was formed; the Pike County COVID-19 Health Disparities Advisory Committee.
This committee is hosting Community Resource Fairs all over Pike County throughout the September and October Months. These resource fairs will have businesses and organizations from Pike County and surrounding areas that have ample resources to help members of our communities seek the assistance they may be in need of. Come and explore the different resources that our communities have to offer!
- 9/19- Bowling Green 12-4pm @Pike Co. Health Dept. Community Conference Room (side entrance)
- 9/26- Clarksville 12-4pm @pocket park next to City Hall at the corner of Howard & 2nd Street (flu & Covid-19 shots available as well)
- 10/3- Eolia 12-4pm @Community Room (flu & Covid-19 shots available as well)
- 10/17- Louisiana 12-4pm @Trimble House (flu & Covid-19 shots available as well)
- 10/18- frankford 12-4pm @Fire House (flu & Covid-19 shots available as well)
- Download the flyer >>>
- Follow the event on Facebook