Here you can find the most recently updated and/or released CDC COVID-19 publications, resources, and meetings listed below:
Recently Published COVID-19 Related Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWRs)
- Effectiveness of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccination in Preventing COVID-19–Associated Hospitalization Among Adults with Previous SARS-CoV-2 Infection — United States, June 2021–February 2022
- Notes from the Field: SARS-CoV-2 Omicron Variant Infection in 10 Persons Within 90 Days of Previous SARS-CoV-2 Delta Variant Infection — Four States, October 2021–January 2022
CDC COVID-19 Resources
New & Updated
- COVID-19 Behavioral Surveys: CDC is recruiting LHDs to participate in a study to help enhance understanding of the complex challenges that limit adoption of recommended COVID-19 mitigation and vaccination practices among vulnerable populations. Interested health departments should contact Michelle Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On April 14, 2022, the FDA revised the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the COVID-19 oral antiviral therapeutic Paxlovid to authorize an additional dose pack presentation with appropriate dosing for patients with moderate renal impairment within the scope of the EUA. As a result, Paxlovid will soon be available in two package presentations.
- Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers: Effective April 14, 2022, CDC’s Amended Order aligns post arrival public health requirements for excepted noncitizen nonimmigrants with current CDC recommendations. The Amended Order also clarifies that parents or guardians do not need to complete an attestation on behalf of children under 2 years of age.
- COVID Data Tracker’s Wastewater Surveillance tab now displays data showing levels of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater in participating communities across the United States. The current SARS-CoV-2 levels for each site are shown as a comparison to past levels at that site.
- COVID Data Tracker added U.S. territories to the COVID-19 Community Levels map on the County View
- COVID-19 Vaccines for People Who Would Like to Have a Baby includes information about COVID-19 vaccination and fertility.
- Recommendations to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19 in Tribal Settings includes information on how CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levelscan help Elders and leaders make decisions about community prevention strategies based on whether their own or a neighboring county is classified as a low, medium, or high community level. Recommendations to help tribal members stay safe during tribal ceremonies and gatherings is also included.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination for Children and Teens includes updated answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination in children ages 5 through 11 years.
- 6 Things to Know about COVID-19 Vaccination for Children includes vaccination information for parents and caregivers of children ages 5 years and older.
- Vaccinating Children with Disabilities Against COVID-19 includes strategies for vaccine providers and partners to improve COVID-19 vaccine accessibility for children with disabilities and special healthcare needs.
School and Work
- COVID-19 School Testing Toolkit
- COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs
- Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools
- What to Know About COVID-19 Testing in Schools
- Responding to COVID-19 Cases in K-12 Schools: Resources for School Administrators
- Strategies to Mitigate Healthcare Personnel Staffing Shortages
- COVID-19 Community Levels
- Quarantine and Isolation
- COVID-19 Data Tracker
- FAQ: COVID-19 Data and Surveillance
- Recommendations for People with COVID-19
- Recommendations for COVID-19 Close Contacts
- Mask Use on Public Transportation
- CDC COVID-19 Travel
- Communication Resources for Travelers
- Prioritizing Case Investigation and Contact Tracing for COVID-19
- Find Free Masks (N95 Respirators)
- COVIDtests.gov – Free at-home COVID-19 tests
- COVID-19 Testing Resources
- Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2 for Healthcare Providers Testing Individuals in the Community
- Stay Up to Date with Your Vaccines
- How Do I Find a COVID-19 Vaccine or Booster?
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens
- COVID-19 Vaccines for People Who Would Like to Have a Baby
- COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Moderately or Severely Immunocompromised People
Influenza (flu) Guidance