Since our beginning in 1948, we have had the pleasure of having employees that are dedicated to their community, passionate about their patients, and love the awesome benefits that come along with their role in a happy and healthy community.
Why work for us?
Full time employees at Pike County Health Department, Home Health & Hospice get to enjoy all the benefits our agency has to offer which includes…
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Paid personal and sick time
- Great retirement plan
- Agency matching IRA
- Mileage reimbursement
- Eligibility for CEU’s, tuition assistance, and public service loan forgiveness
- Over 80% of medical insurance covered by agency
- Discounted rates for Air Evac, Sam’s Club, and YMCA memberships
- Dental, Vision, life & accidental insurance offered at discounted rates
- Bereavement leave
- Christmas savings account
- Gifts, snacks, and breakfasts to acknowledge staff birthdays and anniversaries
- Employee holiday parties, wellness and fun/game days, free agency apparel.
- Our employees are some of the most caring and passionate in their field and are dedicated to giving back to the community through hosting public events and being involved in many community organizations.
We are always accepting applications and we keep them on file for up to 2 years.
Your career starts here:
HOSPICE SOCIAL WORKER
Pike County Health Department Home Health & Hospice is accepting applications for a Hospice Social Worker. Applicant must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Applicant must also have at least one year of social work experience in a health care setting. Hospice social work experience preferred. Position is full time and benefit eligible including: 13 paid holidays, retirement plan, IRA matching, medical insurance, vacation, sick and personal leave.
People often imagine themselves becoming a hospice volunteer, and being able to make a difference helping those nearing the end of their life journey yet too many people never follow through because they are nervous of what may be expected, and unsure of what it entails.
Possessing these qualities makes for great Hospice Volunteers; patience & kindness, emotionally strong, non judgmental, non biased towards beliefs of any kind, and the ability to be a source of guidance for emotional and spiritual advice. If you are interested in becoming a hospice volunteer please fill out the application below.
For more information please contact our office at (573) 324-2111.
This institution is an equal opportunity employer.