“Words can not adequately express my appreciation to Pike County Hospice for helping with the care of my mother… Treatment was unsuccessful and the cancer had spread… Hospice was the extending hand of God’s Grace, giving us just what we need when we needed it. Whether it was nursing care, counsel, emotional support – they were there at a beckon call. I truly do not know how I made it through those weeks without the help of hospice…I commend your staff for their professionalism, but more importantly, to a family who might be facing a similar experience, Hospice loves and cares and they are there for you.” – K.A.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Complete our PCHD satisfaction survey, and leave a testimony... and you will be ENTERED TO WIN a $10 Gift Card to THE SUGAR SHACK!
Click here to take our satisfaction survey and leave your testimony!
- Must complete survey, and leave your Name/phone number in this section to be entered to win.
- Winner is picked at random and drawn at the end of each month.
- Your name will be automatically put into each following drawing until yours has been pulled.
- If you leave a your personal testimony on more than one of the services we offer, your name will be added again into the drawing for each additional testimony.
- Testimony's must be from personal experience with one or more of our services.
- Prize will be in the value of a $10 gift certificate to a local community business. Visit our Facebook page to follow the contest!
SHOP LOCAL! Support your community!
2017 Total Solar Eclipse in Missouri!
For the first time in 148 years (August 7, 1869) a total solar eclipse will come to Missouri on August 21, 2017. A total solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and earth and completely blocks the sun, and the moon casts a shadow over the earth. The 1869 eclipse only clipped the northeast corner of our state. The upcoming eclipse promises to be even better as the center of the path will follow a diagonal line crossing Missouri from Buchanan County in the northwest to Perry County in the southeast. Depending upon where you are in the state, the eclipse will begin between 11:30 a.m. and noon until between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m....
Read the full article here: 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in Missouri
Back 2 School Shot Clinics are scheduled!
Download the flyer: Back 2 School Shot Clinics 2017
AUGUST 2017 NEWS
- - PCHD Diabetes Education Program Merits ADA Recognition
- - National Immunization Month
- - Back to School Fair, Saturday August 12th 9am-noon Pike County Fairgrounds
- - Save the date! Glow Run 5K Run/Walk Saturday, October 28th, 2017!
- - Struggling with grief after losing a loved one? You are not alone.
- - PCHD in the community
- - BBQ, Friday August 25th 11am-6pm, Visitors Center Park Pavilion
- - Diaper Bank requesting donations
- - PCHD upgrades services with Quest Diagnostics
- - June 2017 Foundation Donations
- - Eating Healthy with the Health Dept. Recipe: Zucchini Boats
- - August Ice Cream Social calendar
- - August Employee and Event Spotlight
- - Testimonial Time
Read the full newsletter here: August 17 PCHD News
JULY PCHD NEWS
- - Join us in celebrating world Breastfeeding Week!
- - Helping families locate summer food programs
- - Fireworks Safety
- - Meet our newest employees!
- - Italian Style Tuna Cakes recipe
- - Save the Date! Glow Run 5K
- - Ice Cream Social calendar
- - Employee and event spotlight
- - Testimonial time
Read the full newsletter here: July 17 PCHD News
HOME CARE & HOSPICE FOUNDATION DONORS
View the full list of donors here: July 2017 donations