“Words can not adequately express my appreciation to Pike County Hospice for helping with the care of my mother… Treatment was unsuccessful and the cancer had spread… Hospice was the extending hand of God’s Grace, giving us just what we need when we needed it. Whether it was nursing care, counsel, emotional support – they were there at a beckon call. I truly do not know how I made it through those weeks without the help of hospice…I commend your staff for their professionalism, but more importantly, to a family who might be facing a similar experience, Hospice loves and cares and they are there for you.” – K.A.
23rd Annual Hospice Memorial Service Scheduled!
Keeping the memories of our loved ones alive through this memorial service is the intention of the annual event. Families who's loved ones were on our Hospice services are invited to this service to honor the memories of those we have lost. The service is typically held at the Nazarene Church in Bowling Green, guests in attendance will be served cake and punch, our Hospice chaplain will speak, and a memorial slide show will be viewed. Please join us!
Download the Invitation here: Hospice Memorial Service 2017
We will have an informational booth and will be giving flu shots at this year's Heritage Festival in Bowling Green, MO! Come and see us!
Download the flyer here: Heritage Festival Flu Shots
Upcoming Public Flu Shot Clinics
Download the flyer here: Upcoming Flu Shot Clinics 2017
Healthy Minds, Healthy Lives Poster Contest!
Download the flyer here: 2018 Poster Contest flyer
PCHD Now Offering Flu Shots During Walk In Hours!
"The Pike County Health Department is urging residents to protect themselves, co-workers, family and friends by being proactive and getting vaccinated this flu season. The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine every year. CDC now recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive an annual influenza “flu” vaccination. The Pike County Health Department is now offering the vaccinations during Walk-in hours M – F from 8a-12p & 1-4p..."
Read the full article here: PCHD Now offering flu shots during walk in hours
Drive Thru Flu Shots are Back!
Monday, September 18th from 1-6pm at the Visitors Center Park (next to walmart)
Download the flyer here: Drive Thru Flu Clinic 9-18-17
September is Suicide Prevention Month!
"Suicide! It is such a scary word, one that is often avoided or danced around. Maybe it is because we do not understand, we do not know what to do, it makes us uncomfortable, or we have been affected by a loss and have difficulties coping with our emotions...."
Read the full article here: September is National Suicide Prevention Month
September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month!
"Since 1980, childhood obesity rates have more than doubled. Childhood obesity puts kids at risk for health problems that were once seen only in adults, like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Until recently, young children and teens almost never got type 2 diabetes, which is why it used to be called adult-onset diabetes..."
Read the full article here: September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
SEPTEMBER 2017 NEWS!
- - Rhonda Stumbaugh, RN Accepts Administrator Position
- - Diaper Bank Shelves Being Restocked Thanks to Generous Donors
- - Breastfeeding Awareness Success!
- - Bereavement Support Group to Meet
- - Hospice Volunteers Honored
- - September is Suicide Prevention Month
- - September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- - Registration Now OPEN for our GLOW 5K Run/Walk & Kids Fun Run
- - New Web Page is Now Mobile Friendly!
- - Take our Customer Satisfaction Survey and Be Entered to WIN!
- - Eating Healthy with the Health Dept. Recipe: Cheese Tortellini in Light Broth
- - September Employee and Event Spotlight
- - September Ice Cream Socials Calendar
- - Testimonial Time
- - Get your Newsletter VIA Email!
- - Foundation Donors & Annual Giving Campaign and Foundation Report
Annual Giving Campaign and Foundation Report
In an effort to keep you informed and educated on what the Home Care & Hospice Foundation does to serve the patients of Pike County Home Health & Hospice; we have created a visual report for the year 2016 that we hope you will enjoy. Inside this report you can find:
- History of the Foundation
- Statistics/How Donations are Utilized
- Meet the Board and Staff
- Upcoming Events & Updates
- The Generous Donors of 2016
- and MORE!
This 30 page report is a beautiful new addition to the Annual Giving Campaign, where each year thousands of dollars are raised to help the people of our community. This report will be automatically sent to those who have donated to the Foundation in the most recent years, or those who have specifically requested it. If you do not receive a paper version and are interested in viewing this report; you can request a paper copy by contacting our office at 573-324-2111.
Thank you for your continued support!
Melaney Mathis, Chairman
Rhonda Stumbaugh, President
Download the Report Here: 2016 Foundation Annual Report
Join us for our second Weight Loss Challenge! We will be holding an informational and registration meeting on Monday, September 11th at 7:00pm in our Agency Lobby!
Download the flyer here; Weight Loss Challenge Flyer 8.17
Community BBQ! Friday August 25th at the Visitors Center Park Pavilion! Download the flyer for more information! Community BBQ flyer
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Complete our PCHD satisfaction survey, and leave a testimony... and you will be ENTERED TO WIN a $10 Gift Card to a local business of your choice!
Click here to take our satisfaction survey and leave your testimony!
- Must complete survey, and leave your Name/phone number in this section to be entered to win.
- Winner is picked at random and drawn at the end of each month.
- Your name will be automatically put into each following drawing until yours has been pulled.
- If you leave a your personal testimony on more than one of the services we offer, your name will be added again into the drawing for each additional testimony.
- Testimony's must be from personal experience with one or more of our services.
- Prize will be in the value of a $10 gift certificate to a local community business. Visit our Facebook page to follow the contest!
SHOP LOCAL! Support your community!
2017 Total Solar Eclipse in Missouri!
For the first time in 148 years (August 7, 1869) a total solar eclipse will come to Missouri on August 21, 2017. A total solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and earth and completely blocks the sun, and the moon casts a shadow over the earth. The 1869 eclipse only clipped the northeast corner of our state. The upcoming eclipse promises to be even better as the center of the path will follow a diagonal line crossing Missouri from Buchanan County in the northwest to Perry County in the southeast. Depending upon where you are in the state, the eclipse will begin between 11:30 a.m. and noon until between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m....
Read the full article here: 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in Missouri
Back 2 School Shot Clinics are scheduled!
Download the flyer: Back 2 School Shot Clinics 2017
AUGUST 2017 NEWS
- - PCHD Diabetes Education Program Merits ADA Recognition
- - National Immunization Month
- - Back to School Fair, Saturday August 12th 9am-noon Pike County Fairgrounds
- - Save the date! Glow Run 5K Run/Walk Saturday, October 28th, 2017!
- - Struggling with grief after losing a loved one? You are not alone.
- - PCHD in the community
- - BBQ, Friday August 25th 11am-6pm, Visitors Center Park Pavilion
- - Diaper Bank requesting donations
- - PCHD upgrades services with Quest Diagnostics
- - June 2017 Foundation Donations
- - Eating Healthy with the Health Dept. Recipe: Zucchini Boats
- - August Ice Cream Social calendar
- - August Employee and Event Spotlight
- - Testimonial Time
Read the full newsletter here: August 17 PCHD News
HOME CARE & HOSPICE FOUNDATION DONORS
View the full list of donors here: July 2017 donations