“Words can not adequately express my appreciation to Pike County Hospice for helping with the care of my mother… Treatment was unsuccessful and the cancer had spread… Hospice was the extending hand of God’s Grace, giving us just what we need when we needed it. Whether it was nursing care, counsel, emotional support – they were there at a beckon call. I truly do not know how I made it through those weeks without the help of hospice…I commend your staff for their professionalism, but more importantly, to a family who might be facing a similar experience, Hospice loves and cares and they are there for you.” – K.A.
2nd Annual Veteran Appreciation Fair & Flag Dedication Ceremony
Thursday, November 9th, 2017
We would like to invite our community Veterans and their families to join us for a morning of honoring those who have served our country. Come and enjoy free breakfast, door prizes, a complimentary keepsake photo, and more! ...
Download the flyer here: Veterans Appreciation Fair 2017
Download the booth registration form here: Veterans Appreciation Fair 2017 booth registration
OPEN APPOINTMENTS NOW AVAILABLE
This service is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Foundation for Health. It was established to provide behavioral health, case management, and substance abuse services to children, adolescents, and adults in Pike County who are uninsured, underinsured, or underserved...
Download the flyer here: Behavioral Health Services Open Appointments Now Available
October is National Medicine Abuse Awareness Month!
Each generation of kids looks for new ways to get high. Recent trends indicate they are increasingly turning to prescription (Rx) or over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Teens report getting many of these medicines from home medicine cabinets and mistakenly believe that abusing them is “safer” than other drugs. According to surveys from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 20 percent of teens say they have taken a prescription drug without having a prescription for it themselves, and 5 percent report abusing OTC cough medicine to get high...
Read the full article here: National Medicine Abuse Awareness Month
The Pike County Health Department, Pike County Behavioral Health Services, and the Healthy Minds, Healthy Lives of Pike County coalition is once again asking for your help with our annual community assessment survey. This survey allows us to get an idea of concerns and knowledge in our county so that we can work together to continue building awareness and supports for mental health and substance abuse issues in Pike county. Please take time to complete this survey by Friday, November 17th, 2017.
OCTOBER 2017 NEWS!
- - Home Health & Hospice Services Expanded!
- - Veteran Appreciation Fair
- - Louisiana Elks Lodge Donates Car Seats
- - Upcoming Flu Shot Clinics
- - Please Help Us Welcome Susan Conner, LPN!
- - Eating Healthy with the Health Department: Savory Pumpkin Pancakes
- - GLOW 5K Run/Walk & Kids Fun Run
- - Ice Cream Social Calendar
- - Testimonial Time
- - October Employee & Event Spotlight
- - Get your Newsletter Via E-Mail!
Download the Full Newsletter here: October 17 PCHD News
Pike County Home Health and Hospice is excited to announce the recent expansion of our service area.
State regulations previously kept us from being able to provide our services to those requesting Pike County Home Health & Hospice. Recently, those regulations have lifted and we are now able to
provide these programs to those who request them.
We are now able to provide our high quality healthcare to our neighboring counties: Audrain, Lincoln, Montgomery, and Ralls.
Click here to download the flyer: Expanded Service Area 9.17
Upcoming Public Flu Shot Clinics
Download the flyer here:Upcoming Flu Shot Clinics 2017
PCHD Now Offering Flu Shots During Walk In Hours!
"The Pike County Health Department is urging residents to protect themselves, co-workers, family and friends by being proactive and getting vaccinated this flu season. The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine every year. CDC now recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive an annual influenza “flu” vaccination. The Pike County Health Department is now offering the vaccinations during Walk-in hours M – F from 8a-12p & 1-4p..."
Read the full article here: PCHD Now offering flu shots during walk in hours
SEPTEMBER 2017 NEWS!
- - Rhonda Stumbaugh, RN Accepts Administrator Position
- - Diaper Bank Shelves Being Restocked Thanks to Generous Donors
- - Breastfeeding Awareness Success!
- - Bereavement Support Group to Meet
- - Hospice Volunteers Honored
- - September is Suicide Prevention Month
- - September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- - Registration Now OPEN for our GLOW 5K Run/Walk & Kids Fun Run
- - New Web Page is Now Mobile Friendly!
- - Take our Customer Satisfaction Survey and Be Entered to WIN!
- - Eating Healthy with the Health Dept. Recipe: Cheese Tortellini in Light Broth
- - September Employee and Event Spotlight
- - September Ice Cream Socials Calendar
- - Testimonial Time
- - Get your Newsletter VIA Email!
- - Foundation Donors & Annual Giving Campaign and Foundation Report
Annual Giving Campaign and Foundation Report
In an effort to keep you informed and educated on what the Home Care & Hospice Foundation does to serve the patients of Pike County Home Health & Hospice; we have created a visual report for the year 2016 that we hope you will enjoy. Inside this report you can find:
- History of the Foundation
- Statistics/How Donations are Utilized
- Meet the Board and Staff
- Upcoming Events & Updates
- The Generous Donors of 2016
- and MORE!
This 30 page report is a beautiful new addition to the Annual Giving Campaign, where each year thousands of dollars are raised to help the people of our community. This report will be automatically sent to those who have donated to the Foundation in the most recent years, or those who have specifically requested it. If you do not receive a paper version and are interested in viewing this report; you can request a paper copy by contacting our office at 573-324-2111.
Thank you for your continued support!
Melaney Mathis, Chairman
Rhonda Stumbaugh, President
Download the Report Here: 2016 Foundation Annual Report
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Complete our PCHD satisfaction survey, and leave a testimony... and you will be ENTERED TO WIN a $10 Gift Card to a local business of your choice!
Click here to take our satisfaction survey and leave your testimony!
- Must complete survey, and leave your Name/phone number in this section to be entered to win.
- Winner is picked at random and drawn at the end of each month.
- Your name will be automatically put into each following drawing until yours has been pulled.
- If you leave a your personal testimony on more than one of the services we offer, your name will be added again into the drawing for each additional testimony.
- Testimony's must be from personal experience with one or more of our services.
- Prize will be in the value of a $10 gift certificate to a local community business. Visit our Facebook page to follow the contest!
SHOP LOCAL! Support your community!
AUGUST 2017 NEWS
- - PCHD Diabetes Education Program Merits ADA Recognition
- - National Immunization Month
- - Back to School Fair, Saturday August 12th 9am-noon Pike County Fairgrounds
- - Save the date! Glow Run 5K Run/Walk Saturday, October 28th, 2017!
- - Struggling with grief after losing a loved one? You are not alone.
- - PCHD in the community
- - BBQ, Friday August 25th 11am-6pm, Visitors Center Park Pavilion
- - Diaper Bank requesting donations
- - PCHD upgrades services with Quest Diagnostics
- - June 2017 Foundation Donations
- - Eating Healthy with the Health Dept. Recipe: Zucchini Boats
- - August Ice Cream Social calendar
- - August Employee and Event Spotlight
- - Testimonial Time
Read the full newsletter here: August 17 PCHD News
HOME CARE & HOSPICE FOUNDATION DONORS
View the full list of donors here: July 2017 donations