“Words can not adequately express my appreciation to Pike County Hospice for helping with the care of my mother… Treatment was unsuccessful and the cancer had spread… Hospice was the extending hand of God’s Grace, giving us just what we need when we needed it. Whether it was nursing care, counsel, emotional support – they were there at a beckon call. I truly do not know how I made it through those weeks without the help of hospice…I commend your staff for their professionalism, but more importantly, to a family who might be facing a similar experience, Hospice loves and cares and they are there for you.” – K.A.
You are invited to the Alvin Kaser Memorial Art Auction.
View the full Art Auction Catalog here.
September - December PCHD News!
In this issue:
- PCHD Newsletter, Letter from the Editor
- Alvin Kaser Memorial Art Auction
- Pike County Hospice
- Turkey Trot 5K
- 3rd Annual Veteran Appreciation Fair
- Camp Horizon
- Pike County Hospice celebrates 25 years at Memorial Service: Honoring Life
- Cookies & Cocoa with Santa - The Polar Express
- Enter to win a Husqvarna at the Valentine Gala!
- Annual Thanksgiving meals to be delivered again this year
- Pike County Home Health achieves quality patient care milestone
- Drive thru flu shots
- Eating Healthy with the Health Dept. - Salmon with toasted Isreali Couscous
- Employee & Event Spotlight
- Testimonial Time
- Welcome Holly Gilbert!
Read the full newsletter here: September - December 18 PCHD News
Pike County Hospice is trying to create a resource list of local crafters who make memorial keepsake items similar to the ones pictured above; that can be given to patients families if requested.
If you or someone you know would be interested in having an item & contact information listed on this resource flyer, please send us your information:
- photo of item
- what materials are needed
- estimated completion time
- contact name/number/webpage/fb page
Email: Tracy Brookshier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
August PCHD News! In this issue:
- Lifeline Medical Alert Service
- Retirement Card Shower for Sheila Storts
- Foundation Donations
- Foundation Annual Report Released
- What makes Pike County Hospice unique?
- Letter from Kim Gamm, Public Health Coordinator
- Staff updates
- WIC babyshower and breastfeeding friendly worksite awards presented
- Drug take back program
- Drive thru flu shots Sept. 19th
- Alvin Kaser Memorial Art Auction
- PCHD BBQ August 24th
- Tele-Psych offered at PCHD
- Breastfeeding Awareness Walk
Read and download the newsletter here: August 18 PCHD News
JUNE 2018 Food Establishment Inspections Report is ready for viewing by clicking here.
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services remains committed to working with partners to ensure continuation of the Time Critical Diagnosis System
JEFFERSON CITY, MO – The Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) is working with partners, including hospitals, providers and emergency medical service professionals to ensure funding for the Time Critical Diagnosis (TCD) System will remain steady moving forward...read the full article here: Missouri DHSS remains committed to working with partners to ensure continuation of the Time Critical Diagnosis System
JULY PCHD NEWS! Download the full newsletter here: July 18 PCHD News
The Home Care & Hospice Foundation is excited to release the 2017 Annual Report. View the report here: 2017 Foundation Annual Report. You may also request the official paper report by contacting Jennifer Schumacher at 573-324-2111.
Pike County Health Department is excited to announce that with the partnership of Clarity Behavioral Health, we are now able to offer Tele-Psych services at our agency! Download the flyer here: Clarity Healthcare Telepsych
COLORING FOR A CAUSE Less than 24 hours ago, I had a brief discussion on an idea with some of our Hospice Staff, Anna Wilson-Social Worker, and Amy Becker-Hospice Coordinator. This idea was to get the children and the community involved in helping us brighten the days of our Home Health & Hospice patients. Who doesn’t LOVE a gift from a child??? Whether you have a group or organization willing to participate, or your kids at home just want to donate their evening/before dinner artwork…. Send them our way, help us enlighten a patients day! All ages are encouraged to participate! Please feel free to share, contact me with any questions you may have! :) – Tracy Brookshier Download the flyer here: Coloring for a Cause (2.14.18)
Interested in becoming a Pike County Hospice Volunteer? Contact our office for more information 573-324-2111. Find out more here: https://pikecountyhospice.com/volunteers/